New player and unsure of what to do right this very moment? Veteran player too lazy to do your own research? Neither? Both? Doesn’t matter! Here’s a quick run-down of what to do for Ranger Sign Bravo!, the current Granblue Fantasy event running from 0500 30 June 2017 – 2059 8 July 2017.
- Wicked Sick Blaster
- What is it? An Unknown Large ATK+ gun for Water.
- Should I farm it?
- If you don’t already have at least 1 other Water element weapon with an Unknown-typed ATK skill that is not the Rose Crystal Sword, you should grind out a 3LB copy (i.e. four 0LB copies) of this weapon.
- If you don’t need another Water Unknown weapon, the Wicked Sick Blaster is a good source of Gun Stones, which are incredibly useful, especially if you’re working on 4LBing a Tiamat Bolt Omega grid or element-changing a Nebuchad.
- How do I farm it? By earning honors from this event, and from gathering Gold Badges from this event.
- You get 1 copy for earning a total of 1,500,000 honors from this event.
- You get 1 copy for earning a total of 2,500,000 honors from this event.
- You get 1 copy from earning a total of 50 Gold Badges from this event.
- You get 1 copy from earning a total of 200 Gold Badges from this event.
- You can additionally get more copies as rare drops from the event’s Very Hard and Extreme raids. (Unconfirmed if it can drop from the Nightmare solo fight.)
- Forest Ranger
- What is it? An Elemental summon for Earth.
- Should I farm it? Its aura isn’t particularly good, but the call can be useful. It’s a decent utility summon for soloing, but its poor stats and overall mediocre call (in raid contexts, a Warlock, Dark Fencer, or Chaos Ruler will likely bring some form of blind; and dodge rate can be had from stronger summons like Nacht) means you shouldn’t really stress about going out of your way to grind out a 3LB copy. That said – you could reduce copies for Earth Quartz if you’re working on, say, 4LBing Yggdrasil Crystal Blade Omegas.
- How do I farm it? From the event token drawbox – there’s one copy in every box. Additionally, it is a rare drop from the event’s Very Hard and Extreme raids. (Unconfirmed if it can drop from the Nightmare solo fight.)
The event’s token drawboxes contain Crystals, CP, Champion Merits, and Supreme Merits. If you find yourself in need of these things (and you likely are, if you’re a new player; veteran players too, don’t tell me you don’t need crystals or silver certs!), it may behoove you to empty the drawboxes of these items before resetting them.
How hard you should push yourself to grind these items out is more for you to decide than for me: consider how much time you have; how much AP/EP you have (and how many half-elixirs/berries you’re willing to spend – keep in mind that this month is going to be packed with resource-expensive events such as the Fenrir, Cerberus, and Xeno Vohu Manah Showdowns!); and how easily (or not) you can power through the event’s raids, and make an educated choice: the first box is the fastest to empty (601 items, so 1202 tokens total), but it goes up from there (801 items in box 2; 1001 in box 3; and 1059 items in box 4 and beyond).
Finally, if you’re a particularly hardcore player, the 4,000,000 honor reward is a Damascus Grain, and you can grind further drops in the raids (red boxes) and Nightmare fight (rare flip).
- Grind out a 3LB copy of the SSR gun if you don’t already have at least 1 Water Unknown ATK weapon that isn’t the Rose Crystal Sword.
- Grind copies of the SSR gun if you need gun stones.
- The SSR summon isn’t worth grinding unless you want Earth quartz.
- The token boxes contain crystals, CP, and silver and gold certs – grind for them if you’ve got the time, resources, and willingness to do it.
- 4mil honor reward is a Damascus Grain; raids and Nightmare fight can also drop Grains. If you’re working on a GW character 5LB, you will likely want to farm these.