Since last Friday, screenshots of people getting 3-4 primal items with their Magna/Omega runs began to flood the internet and have sparked discussion and fear about whether the boost in the drop rate of these primal items was a result of the lowered drop rate in the SR fodders and SSR items.
SSumiwatari recenetly ran some tests on the magna drops and gives us some insights in what really happened to the drop tables.
The summary of his test results is as follows:
- No change was made to the drop rate of SR/SSR items in both Host and MVP chests
- Primal item now has a 25% chance (Up from ~12.5%) to appear in every Host chest. It has ~20% chance (Up from 4-5%) to appear in any MVP chest.
- True Anima has been added as a new drop to the Host Chests (Around 10% chance to drop)
- The boost to the primal items’ drop rate was done at the expense of a lower drop rate for Gold Anima in the red chests. It now only has ~15% (Down from 30%) to appear in a Host chest and 5% (Down from 15%) to appear in any MVP chest
- The notorious white anima also has its droprate lowered, albeit not by much (5% -> 1.5% in Host chests & 20% -> 15% in MVP chests)
- No change was made to the drop rate of SR/SSR items in the gold chests
- Primal item now has almost a 50% chance (Up from 10%) to appear in the two gold chests that can spawn them (No. 3 & 4 – The non guaranteed ones)
- This is done at the cost of a lower drop rate for Angel Weapons/Summons, which are now 50% less likely to appear in gold chest No.3 and 4
- Drop rate for other stuff like seals, rainbow crystals and scales may also have been lowered, but the sample size is not sufficient to make any conclusion on this yet
So here we have a picture of what we are getting from our magna runs now. The chance of getting SR and SSR items should be the same as before. The only things we would be seeing less after this patch are the gold animas and angel fodders.
With the massive boost to the primal items’ drop rate, players will soon be flooded with these items. Let’s hope that the dev has plans for them and introduce new uses so that the HL players won’t feel sad about getting them.